A quieter day than most in trying to converse with people but the Lord provided an interesting variety including:
- Yana, a German lass here for another 2 weeks who revealed that she was a Universalist. Ryan took her through some apologetics and the law and gospel patiently reworking those points that needed to be clarified in her understanding. At the conclusion, she took a gospel of John to check out what she had heard. [It was also unusual in that it is mainly families or couples that come here and Yana was by herself.]
-high school students, Blake had a R.C. education and a view that all religions are the same. The lass, McKenzie, listened as the Bible's unique message of salvation through repentance from dead works, Heb. 6:1 and trusting in Christ and His finished work of atonement for the sins of His people, Mt. 1:21 so that God's justice is fully satisfied and the sinner can now ask God to grant him forgiveness of all his sins and receive remission. They left with John's gospel and a statement that they would download a Bible.
No effort that is fuelled by God's grace is wasted in God's sovereign economy. Let us work while it is day and keep giving.God all the glory.
What awaits those who die unrepentant? A.A. Hodge had this chilling thought on hell: the sinner experiences an ever-increasing depravity of soul and self-accusing remorse! Thankfully we serve a gracious God who has provided the only Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ, who is able to save completely all those who come to God through Him. Please pray for:
Our 2 lady coworkers in the gospel talked with Georgia and Jordan who seemed to understand the gospel and said that they had 'got into the wheelbarrow' as per the Blondin story, or more orthodoxly expressed as 'they had trusted Jesus to save them from their sins. Later, they walked around the point where Ryan started talking with them. When he asked them to explain "what one had to do to get to heaven", they said, "Trust in God'. He found it useful to take them through the law and gospel again. Pray the sinfulness of sin is unveiled to them.
Abel and friend Ethan heard the good news. Ethan had some casual objections that he stated. He is in no rush to deal with Jesus. They had the fact of eternal life or death emphasized to them. They also need to read God's Word and see how a holy God cannot allow any imperfections in His home. Now is the time to repent. Today is the day of salvation.
Other conversations challenged the inconsistencies of various people having false world views. Pray God stirs them up to seek the Truth.
Praise God. His glorious truth is once again gone forth - the power of God for salvation to those who believe. We acknowledge that we can do nothing but our duty and that by His gracious enabling and always through the Mediator, Jesus Christ. Maranatha!
Our triune God gave us 3 co-workers in the gospel who set out as those who have asked for and been granted "...refuge under the shelter of Your wings!", Ps. 61:4.
Most people took a 'Happy Easter' tract but not many were going to stop to chat, except those whom the Lord had appointed to stop this day.
- Three young couples passed by with a "We don't bother about things like heaven and hell." Have they been blinded by the empty idea of reincarnation. We noticed them later wading in the shallows. May the Lord awaken such careless sinners to their present state of condemnation - Jn. 3:36!
- Terry, a war veteran, had a conversation with 1 of us which was continued by another one of us. He was quite willing to speak out his concerns about a possible start soon to World War 3 and problems in the world. However he 'had to leave' when the talk was turned towards the greatest crime (from a human perspective) man has ever committed; the murder of the Righteous One, Jesus Christ. He would not listen past the declaration that God brought good out of this event.
How can someone be so hard that they will not even listen to God's good news? (Gen. 8:21 Our Lord's pronouncement. "..for the intention of man's heart is evil from his youth." - Noah's flood of judgment did not change man's fallen nature & neither will the final judgment.)
- Mae received a tract and asked if it was about Jesus of whom they had heard a little. Husband Ming and children Sam and Eric were present throughout this conversation. This was the first time they had heard the good news. So we went on our rejoicing and as we walked and prayed we were giving God all the glory and thanking Him for the privilege of serving Him and being used of Him.
Doesn't the Lord's leading amaze us? The members of the team numbered 2. Paul was busily handing out tracts until there were no more to hand out. Ryan spent a major part of the time talking to a lady named Win who turned out to be very syncretistic.
This lady had encountered 2 other usual team members during the last fortnight at a doctor's surgery and had eagerly listened to a disclosure on Jesus Christ in His office of Mediator. However, her personal standing was not disclosed except she had been very 'bad' and had been baptized in the recent past at Wellington Point.
When she could not find those two at Wellington Point today, she saw the two team members that were there to find out why. Soon Win was asked a diagnostic question which she answered like, "I leave those things to God!" Pursuing the law and gospel and showing her verses like John. 1:1 brought an angry rejection and her self-justification that was very confused. She said that God was the universe.
So the time ended and we ask the Lord to bring sanity into Win's life by granting her the twin graces to repent and trust Jesus Christ alone. Remember Jesus said that with respect to salvation nothing is impossible for God. To Him alone be the glory! Amen.
Two teams of two thanked the Lord for giving a break in the rain so we could take the good news forth to. While the 'pier' duo watched and prayed for the rescue of a becalmed jet skier, we set about proclaiming Jesus as the sole rescuer of sinners, e.g.
- a Hindu lady, Sheeva, came with a burdened heart.She now understands that there was nothing she can do by way of her works to please God. She left with some hope and gave us a hug. Our prayer is that God would draw her to the Saviour, Jn. 6:44.
- Ray and his family have been visited by J.Ws. but he knows that it should be 'Jesus only' but we need to ask God to reveal His truth to him.
- Harry, a young teenager who is well read and not afraid to ask questions or present his views. He did not seem to grasp the gospel, so Ryan took the conversation back to basics, "Do you believe in God?" Progressing through the truth, Harry arrived at the point where he said he would download a Bible onto his PC. We recommended that he begin reading in John's gospel. He was also given a 'comic' tract for his friend Ethan. Pray the God's grace abounds. (This concluded just as he had to go meet his parents who had walked over to King Island and back. We also left, and as we did, precipitation was again falling.)
Praise God for the privilege of serving Him knowing that our efforts are acceptable through the office of the Mediator, our Lord Jesus Christ and our equipping for this work is the unction of the Holy Spirit. It is God who trains my hands for battle >> Eph. 6:10ff.
A.A. Hodge "The human mind was formed for truth, and so constituted that only truth can exert permanent influence upon it."
We spent a short time sharing what God had been doing, then we prayed and went into His harvest field. We rejoiced also to have Rick and Glenda help today as they were visiting from Yangan.
- Lee-Anne met a 15 year old who was standing on the Rock and knew it. He may do some witnessing if his parents permit it. His Mum was there and although not a Christian she was proud of her son and said she would not stop him.
- A group of 5 men passed us and 4 got tracts (the fifth one might have if the old guy wasn't so slow. He might have to re-do Ray Comfort's 6 week course on handing out tracts!). On their return,
- Ryan engaged one, Solomon, an evolutionary geneticist, and showed him some of the flaws in Darwin's theory. Solomon later admitted that the theory of evolution is like a majestic building that has no basis/foundation. Indeed Darwin's assumptions have been shown to be erroneous. Solomon now says that he needs to look into these matters after being taken through the law and gospel;
- Rick engaged one, a thoughtful man but he stumbled in that he could not stop trying to justify himself.
- Glenda and Railee spent a fair while with Adrian, who had some sort of Polish R.C. upbringing and was very confused. However, he listened carefully.
We thank God for these and other conversations and/or tracts handed out and ask Him to have the last Word in each case. We are so thankful that weak as we are, God has shown us mercy and uses us for His glory. There are so many needy and lost souls in the world. If you desire to help but are hesitant, there is training available and heaps of prayerful, comforting support.
God gave us a steady flow of people to converse with including:
The tracts seemed to go out more quickly than at other times but it was not from the Pokemon players whose eyes were fixed to their screens as they trudged by. By God's grace, maybe one day they will be doing the Heb.12:2 gaze in adoration.
We arrived, two men and two ladies on the team today, to speak to those God directed across our paths. We spoke with:
- A young Chinese family who claimed to be Christian but could not answer "Why should God let you into His heaven?" They quickly grasped that it was because of what the perfect Lord Jesus Christ had done on their behalf and rejoiced at the simple beauty of God's provision of Jer. 23:6/Rom.3:22.
- A young man named Ryan 'born an atheist' but now saying he will read the Bible because if it is true, he wants to follow.
- A middle-aged man, Gary, who had a long one to one and seems to be searching
There were some other conversations too and it was generally a day where those who refused tracts did so politely.
As we prepared to go home, Ryan had to challenge two Jehovah Witnesses who were sitting in their deck chairs clocking up a few hours as part of their fallacious work righteousness system. The junior member made a note of verses like Mt. 5:48 which he said he had never read before. May John 8:31,32 be his testimony in the Great Day.
Praise God from whom all blessings flow.
We praise the Lord that His gospel went out to people yesterday at Wellington Point. We found at first that the people coming across our path were quite against God, arguing things like "Why would God allow this or that to happen in this world?"
Questions like that stem from the erroneous idea that we deserve good things, when in reality the only thing we deserve is hell, and yet God is so kind that he hasn't sent us there yet even though we've all sinned countless number of times. And not only that, He has even provided the way of forgiveness through Jesus so we don't have to go there!
We handed out quite a number of gospel tracts throughout the afternoon and had a variety of different gospel conversations, even with a man who was a Franciscan monk for 12 years but had no idea how to get to Heaven.
Please pray that God would draw all these people to Himself. To God be the glory!
We met up and prayed together and set off to our usual areas, the ladies on one side of the point the men on the other side. As we were walking, Lee-Anne met a young man named Ben and spent a long time sitting at a table with him. During that, Railee & I prayed and handed out tracts to people passing by.
Then the two of us went over to the jetty and handed out more tracts. Railee got to talk with a guy named Sam for quite a while I prayed for them. One of Sam’s friends came up to try to pull him away so I tried to engage with him but he wasn't responding so I gave him a tract and encouraged him to read the message as it is so very important. Eventually he did pull his friend away but Railee got to share the glorious Gospel with him.
Lee-Anne came over after a while, and we had a few more short conversations. But it was more quieter than usual, so we decided to slowly walk to the other side and hand out tracts on the way. Just as we were only metres from the men on team, we handed out tracts to three young adults. They said they didn't believe they would go to heaven as their belief is that only Christ Jesus went to heaven and when he comes back there will be a resurrection and God's kingdom will be established on earth.
They didn't believe that Jesus is God or the trinity doctrine. They did not believe Hell exists either. We discovered that they were Christadelphians. These young people have been brought up in this false religion and their eyes are blinded by twisted scripture.
They use the King James Bible but have been taught lies, such as this for example: Jesus cannot be God because God cannot be tempted, and we know Jesus was tempted in the wilderness.
Lee-Anne showed these young adults, two girls and a male, that Jesus is God by opening her Bible and speaking and showing them the Scriptures. The three of us spent some time with them reasoning and pointing them to the truth of who Jesus is and also the reality of the hell punishment for our sins, that it is a conscious eternal punishment where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth (Matt. 8:12).
Railee had to leave, so Lee-Anne and I kept engaging their questions and their false belief of the Scriptures. Later on, Rick joined in as well. We spent well over an hour with them.
Please pray for them as they were listening as we were urging them to look into what we were saying. They need to have the right understanding of who Jesus is for salvation.
You can see how this cult deletes the essentials of the Christian faith and therefore they are not Christians even though they will tell you they are. We need to always check anyone who says they are a Christian.
We can not see the heart but God can, so we are very grateful that we know His power to save is in His Hands and to give us the words to speak as we go. We did share the gospel clearly to them and that we care for them and their salvation. Rick shook hands with the young man and Lee-Anne and I hugged the girls and pray they will search for the truth. To God be the Glory forever and ever. Amen.