Glory to God! He makes His work of telling forth His good news so interesting. The various chats today amply illustrate this fact.
- An Arabic family, Mark & Ruba (sp?) were wanting to teach their children the Truth. They were firm that only the Bible had this Truth. They are searching, e.g. Who is Dt. 18:18 referring to? (Answer in Acts 3:22 in context plus Mt. 17:5 + Jn. 8:31,32), and at present have no religion. The girls had a long chat with them, including the law (he thought that he was good enough) and the gospel.
The final words to them were encouraging them to read their Bible asking God to reveal Himself to them, and recommending that they attend a church near to them - a specific one was nominated. They had a question whether they would be welcomed since they are not Christians. They were assured them that they would be most welcome. Pray that the Lord brings them to saving faith in Christ Jesus.
- Aileen and Izzy had been discussing eternal things and have now heard God's glorious plan of salvation. Receiving a gospel of John each, pray that they make a true commitment to follow Jesus, Lord and Saviour.
- Anthony started out stating that he only believed in what he could see. Pointing to a building, Ryan stated that someone had built that building. Even though Anthony had never seen that builder, he still knew there was a builder. Anthony agreed. Going through the law and gospel, he reverted again to his 'no sight, I do not believe' position. He was challenged that his desire to live life the way he choose as being the reason he would not trust Christ alone. Pray he considers the horrors of eternity without any comfort as his outcome for living his life without Christ now.
God uses us in our imperfections and so we freely give Him all the glory for whatever He does in each encounter; whether it is passing out tracts, having a brief or long conversation or whatever transpires. What a honour and privilege to serve Him who first loved us.
The Lord gave us a pleasant winter's day and we were pleased to welcome a new worker )for the second time) in the Lord's (Mt. 9:38) harvest! Please pray for:
- Daniel, an Asian who had never heard and said that he loved knowledge. Being introduced to God's moral standard for mankind, he admitted his lying. After going through the gospel message, he thought that maybe here was too much knowledge. However, praise God, when it was stressed to him that his future will be either eternal life with God or in God's eternal prison, he said that he will check it out. Pray that he does read the Bible and that God opens his mind to understand his great need for the Saviour, our Lord Jesus Christ; to trust in Him alone.
- thank God for two different Christian couples who encouraged us in this aspect of God's work; one couple follows Operation 513 0n Facebook.
- a teenage lass, Frankie, who was very open and intends to respond now. Pray that she counts the cost and makes a serious commitment to follow Jesus.
- John, a supposed Christian, who had believed in Jesus for a long time; after all, wasn't He sent to save us?. However, John has remade in his own mind so that Jesus is fallible, a sinner. Now, as an aging man John neither fellowships nor changed his mind when shown Heb. 4:14,15 that our great High Priest never sinned. He was challenged to read and study Eph. 2. May God humble him and grant him the grace to repent and trust in the sinless Saviour.
To God be the glory for He alone is worthy to be praised.
Many people were out enjoying the beauty of the area, but not many were willing to stop and discuss spiritual matters. The ones whom God sent to us were of a different attitude, e.g.
- Lee-Anne had a long chat with a David who believed in God but was not a Christian. Getting to the reality of hell, he expressed a very deep concern that he might end up there. After hearing the good news, he stated that he was checking the message out.
- Railee had a long chat with a Daphne who had attended a U.C. but said she had never heard the gospel. She had no concept of eternal life/death. After being taken through the law and gospel and shown how the Bible is God's Word, she received a gospel of John and a few tracts to consider what she had heard.
- Ryan had an Aladdin who heard it all, said it made sense and needs to receive God's love gift in the Person of the Lord Jesus Christ and trust His work alone to qualify him for glory.
- A young man, Brendan, overtook me as we walked from where we were parked down to the Point. He had some head knowledge and now understands how the gospel flows. He is referred to Romans for studying the gospel and John's gospel for the deity of Jesus.
God encouraged us by making the beautiful day even more glorious for us and hopefully some of those He sent to us, "Today is the day of salvation". God is building His Church and His work is always perfect. Praise Him!
A quieter day than most in trying to converse with people but the Lord provided an interesting variety including:
- Yana, a German lass here for another 2 weeks who revealed that she was a Universalist. Ryan took her through some apologetics and the law and gospel patiently reworking those points that needed to be clarified in her understanding. At the conclusion, she took a gospel of John to check out what she had heard. [It was also unusual in that it is mainly families or couples that come here and Yana was by herself.]
-high school students, Blake had a R.C. education and a view that all religions are the same. The lass, McKenzie, listened as the Bible's unique message of salvation through repentance from dead works, Heb. 6:1 and trusting in Christ and His finished work of atonement for the sins of His people, Mt. 1:21 so that God's justice is fully satisfied and the sinner can now ask God to grant him forgiveness of all his sins and receive remission. They left with John's gospel and a statement that they would download a Bible.
No effort that is fuelled by God's grace is wasted in God's sovereign economy. Let us work while it is day and keep giving.God all the glory.
What awaits those who die unrepentant? A.A. Hodge had this chilling thought on hell: the sinner experiences an ever-increasing depravity of soul and self-accusing remorse! Thankfully we serve a gracious God who has provided the only Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ, who is able to save completely all those who come to God through Him. Please pray for:
Our 2 lady coworkers in the gospel talked with Georgia and Jordan who seemed to understand the gospel and said that they had 'got into the wheelbarrow' as per the Blondin story, or more orthodoxly expressed as 'they had trusted Jesus to save them from their sins. Later, they walked around the point where Ryan started talking with them. When he asked them to explain "what one had to do to get to heaven", they said, "Trust in God'. He found it useful to take them through the law and gospel again. Pray the sinfulness of sin is unveiled to them.
Abel and friend Ethan heard the good news. Ethan had some casual objections that he stated. He is in no rush to deal with Jesus. They had the fact of eternal life or death emphasized to them. They also need to read God's Word and see how a holy God cannot allow any imperfections in His home. Now is the time to repent. Today is the day of salvation.
Other conversations challenged the inconsistencies of various people having false world views. Pray God stirs them up to seek the Truth.
Praise God. His glorious truth is once again gone forth - the power of God for salvation to those who believe. We acknowledge that we can do nothing but our duty and that by His gracious enabling and always through the Mediator, Jesus Christ. Maranatha!
Our triune God gave us 3 co-workers in the gospel who set out as those who have asked for and been granted "...refuge under the shelter of Your wings!", Ps. 61:4.
Most people took a 'Happy Easter' tract but not many were going to stop to chat, except those whom the Lord had appointed to stop this day.
- Three young couples passed by with a "We don't bother about things like heaven and hell." Have they been blinded by the empty idea of reincarnation. We noticed them later wading in the shallows. May the Lord awaken such careless sinners to their present state of condemnation - Jn. 3:36!
- Terry, a war veteran, had a conversation with 1 of us which was continued by another one of us. He was quite willing to speak out his concerns about a possible start soon to World War 3 and problems in the world. However he 'had to leave' when the talk was turned towards the greatest crime (from a human perspective) man has ever committed; the murder of the Righteous One, Jesus Christ. He would not listen past the declaration that God brought good out of this event.
How can someone be so hard that they will not even listen to God's good news? (Gen. 8:21 Our Lord's pronouncement. "..for the intention of man's heart is evil from his youth." - Noah's flood of judgment did not change man's fallen nature & neither will the final judgment.)
- Mae received a tract and asked if it was about Jesus of whom they had heard a little. Husband Ming and children Sam and Eric were present throughout this conversation. This was the first time they had heard the good news. So we went on our rejoicing and as we walked and prayed we were giving God all the glory and thanking Him for the privilege of serving Him and being used of Him.
Doesn't the Lord's leading amaze us? The members of the team numbered 2. Paul was busily handing out tracts until there were no more to hand out. Ryan spent a major part of the time talking to a lady named Win who turned out to be very syncretistic.
This lady had encountered 2 other usual team members during the last fortnight at a doctor's surgery and had eagerly listened to a disclosure on Jesus Christ in His office of Mediator. However, her personal standing was not disclosed except she had been very 'bad' and had been baptized in the recent past at Wellington Point.
When she could not find those two at Wellington Point today, she saw the two team members that were there to find out why. Soon Win was asked a diagnostic question which she answered like, "I leave those things to God!" Pursuing the law and gospel and showing her verses like John. 1:1 brought an angry rejection and her self-justification that was very confused. She said that God was the universe.
So the time ended and we ask the Lord to bring sanity into Win's life by granting her the twin graces to repent and trust Jesus Christ alone. Remember Jesus said that with respect to salvation nothing is impossible for God. To Him alone be the glory! Amen.
Two teams of two thanked the Lord for giving a break in the rain so we could take the good news forth to. While the 'pier' duo watched and prayed for the rescue of a becalmed jet skier, we set about proclaiming Jesus as the sole rescuer of sinners, e.g.
- a Hindu lady, Sheeva, came with a burdened heart.She now understands that there was nothing she can do by way of her works to please God. She left with some hope and gave us a hug. Our prayer is that God would draw her to the Saviour, Jn. 6:44.
- Ray and his family have been visited by J.Ws. but he knows that it should be 'Jesus only' but we need to ask God to reveal His truth to him.
- Harry, a young teenager who is well read and not afraid to ask questions or present his views. He did not seem to grasp the gospel, so Ryan took the conversation back to basics, "Do you believe in God?" Progressing through the truth, Harry arrived at the point where he said he would download a Bible onto his PC. We recommended that he begin reading in John's gospel. He was also given a 'comic' tract for his friend Ethan. Pray the God's grace abounds. (This concluded just as he had to go meet his parents who had walked over to King Island and back. We also left, and as we did, precipitation was again falling.)
Praise God for the privilege of serving Him knowing that our efforts are acceptable through the office of the Mediator, our Lord Jesus Christ and our equipping for this work is the unction of the Holy Spirit. It is God who trains my hands for battle >> Eph. 6:10ff.
A.A. Hodge "The human mind was formed for truth, and so constituted that only truth can exert permanent influence upon it."
We spent a short time sharing what God had been doing, then we prayed and went into His harvest field. We rejoiced also to have Rick and Glenda help today as they were visiting from Yangan.
- Lee-Anne met a 15 year old who was standing on the Rock and knew it. He may do some witnessing if his parents permit it. His Mum was there and although not a Christian she was proud of her son and said she would not stop him.
- A group of 5 men passed us and 4 got tracts (the fifth one might have if the old guy wasn't so slow. He might have to re-do Ray Comfort's 6 week course on handing out tracts!). On their return,
- Ryan engaged one, Solomon, an evolutionary geneticist, and showed him some of the flaws in Darwin's theory. Solomon later admitted that the theory of evolution is like a majestic building that has no basis/foundation. Indeed Darwin's assumptions have been shown to be erroneous. Solomon now says that he needs to look into these matters after being taken through the law and gospel;
- Rick engaged one, a thoughtful man but he stumbled in that he could not stop trying to justify himself.
- Glenda and Railee spent a fair while with Adrian, who had some sort of Polish R.C. upbringing and was very confused. However, he listened carefully.
We thank God for these and other conversations and/or tracts handed out and ask Him to have the last Word in each case. We are so thankful that weak as we are, God has shown us mercy and uses us for His glory. There are so many needy and lost souls in the world. If you desire to help but are hesitant, there is training available and heaps of prayerful, comforting support.
God gave us a steady flow of people to converse with including:
The tracts seemed to go out more quickly than at other times but it was not from the Pokemon players whose eyes were fixed to their screens as they trudged by. By God's grace, maybe one day they will be doing the Heb.12:2 gaze in adoration.